• 1 Tbsp. olive oil, butter or ghee
• 1 medium yellow onion chopped or 8 oz. mushrooms sliced
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
• 1 small head of savoy cabbage chopped
• 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
• 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
• 1 Tsp. ground coriander
• 2 Tbsp. chili powder
• 1 28-ounce can organic crushed tomatoes, including liquid
• 1 15-ounce can organic tomato sauce (can add some tomato paste for extra depth of flavor)
• 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 15-ounce can chick peas or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 15-ounce can adzuki beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 cup water or vegetable stock (add more or less, depending on desired consistency)
Place oil in a pan over medium heat.
Add onions and garlic, and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, or until onions are translucent.
Add jalapeño, bell pepper, cumin, chili powder, tomatoes and tomato sauce.
Transfer to slow cooker and add in stock or water and beans. Stir to combine.
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. *Of course choose organic veggies whenever possible.