Makes 12 energy bites
• 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
• ¼ cup chopped walnuts
• ½ cup unsweetened creamy peanut butter
• ¼ cup coconut butter
• ½ cup pure maple syrup
• ¼ cup canned, organic pureed pumpkin
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
• 1 small pinch of sea salt
1. Start by adding the peanut butter and coconut butter to a saucepan on low heat, and stir until melted. Set aside.
2. Next, add the oats and chopped walnuts to the base of a food processor, and process until finely ground. Add in the peanut butter mixture and the remaining ingredients, and pulse until super smooth.
3. Scoop out with small ice cream scoop. Put in freezer for about 30 minutes to harden slightly. Cut each in half and roll into balls. Place in a glass freezer-safe container.
4. Freeze for at least 15 minutes before serving, and refrigerate or freeze any leftovers.